Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tangly

Second day back to school for the little one and this whole project is starting to get a bit tangly. Tangly!  I love this word. The first time I heard it was from one of my friends from Newfoundland while he was behind the bar playing some tunes. We were hanging out in our local pub in Korea and he was using it to describe one of my very favorite people, my dear Irish friend. It was appropriate usage as those that know No-no will attest. She is prone to get a bit tangly after a few rum and cokes (or white Russians). The smartest, kindest, most generous friend EVAH (I actually have two of them...I'm quite blessed), but definitely tangly after a few. The thing is in our very tight group of international expat chingus, No-no and I were the few non-musical ones. Most of the others belong to an amazing band that plays the local clubs, still to this day. The others as superbly musically inclined play in other bands or solo.

I love music. Love going to see live bands. And absolutely adore watching my talented friends do it up. The problem is I don't know music. I've never quite figured out how people just know what to listen to. Since I started going to the gym I've needed to load the iPod passed on to me (probably two years ago now) by my cousin. I've never used it. I sent out a request for some tunes to help me move it. The most awesome TS from isinginthekitchen.com obliged and then some. Heaps of moving it songs. Today's promise is an easy one because it can be combined with another. Yay for killing two birds! In order to progress positively I need music! Luckily for me I also need music to dance with my baby. This evening I had a chance to test one of TS's suggestions and it was a hit with the girlie & her momma.

Today's promise is to listen to music everyday!

Today I:
1. checked TPP.
2. danced with my kid to The Decemberists' The Perfect Crime #2.
3. will go to bed with an empty kitchen sink.
4. worked on teaching The Peanut something new. We have moved from shoes to hula-hoops, which to my surprise are nothing like swimming & riding a bike. Just because you could do it at age 9 doesn't mean you still can. Just sayin'. 
5. blogged.
6. ate off the monthly menu. Dinner was tilapia with steamed veggies and rice.
7. am on day six of training the kittens to use the toilet. New step is not going well. One more day and it could be over. 
8. said  the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.
9. will go to sleep by 12:35.
10. did not go to the gym but I shoveled snow for an hour, twice. That'll do. Plus that hula-hooping is freakin' hard!
11. ate dinner with my child.
12. listened to music...see #2.

1 comment:

I Sing In The Kitchen said...

Glad the suggestions helped!! I go wild over The Perfect Crime #2. It is my cell phone ring back tone which drives the school officials crazy when they are trying to phone me. My friends just roll their eyes and say "That is SO you".