Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These

This will be short and sweet...I hope. The Peanut goes to a school that starts quite early which means she must get up early. And since she has eating and weight issues which I cannot be bothered to get into too deeply on this Sunday evening, she has to get up even earlier than most of her peers. Basically she doesn't feel hunger, has no interest in food, and needs to be told to have EVERY.SINGLE.BITE. I could just give her a set time frame and let her deal with the consequences later, but like I said, she doesn't feel hunger...and she's underweight. She doesn't eat much of her lunch at school so it's my job to make sure she has a full, healthy brekkie and dinner because that's all I can control. The breakfast battle takes a LONG time and requires much patience.

For years before she was born, and before she went to school, I was a night-owl. These days, I've discovered I need more sleep. Ideally, I should be going to sleep around 10:30 so that I would get 8 hours and maybe I'll strive for that long-term but for now I'm hoping to be asleep by 12:35. Yeah, I know the thirty-five is odd but that's because I *heart* Jon Stewart and his show ends at 12:35. I'm going to try to watch it online so that I get to sleep earlier, but like I said, that'll be down the road a tiny bit. One step at a time!

Today's promise is to go to sleep by 12:35...and now I'm off to get that started.

Today I:
checked TPP.
danced with my kid to Shakira's Wherever, Whenever.
will go to bed with an empty kitchen sink.
worked on teaching The Peanut something new. She tied a shoe twice!
blogged.
put the monthly menu that will start on Monday on the fridge.
am on day four of training the kittens to use the toilet. Next step will happen tomorrow.
said the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.
will go to sleep by 12:35 (even though Jon's not on tonight).

No comments: