Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a Hairy World

To be perfectly honest, there are some logistics to this mission of mine that I haven't completely thought through. Like what to do when I reach the forty-second day of this promise mission. Truthfully, I don't even have a list and am winging it everyday. Meh...I'm a cross-that-bridge kind of girl. Today's daily promise will probably need some input from others at some point, but for now I have enough material to go forward for more than a few weeks. It's just how to do it that has me a bit boggled.

The smaller of the two girls that live here, needs to learn many things...things that when I think about it, I already knew when I was her age. And as the momma, it's my job to teach them to her. This tiny girl has VERY long hair. Long and thick! I'm talking it has to be divided into sections just to wash it. She has had it cut several times, but it grows fast and is generally to her waist or her bottom. It's not too knotty and a breeze to take care of everyday, so I have been slack in teaching her how to take care of it herself. Starting today she will be taught how to brush her own hair.

Today's promise is to teach P something new everyday...and by everyday, just so that we're both not completely overwhelmed, when the new task is learned, a new one will be taught. I do foresee some battles, because she's small and her arms just aren't that long. Also, she gets easily frustrated when she isn't immediately successful at something. That will be the ongoing battle with this particular promise. Wish us luck!

Today I:
checked TPP
danced with my kid to Dynamite
will go to bed with an empty kitchen sink
will work on teaching The Peanut something new

No comments: