Thursday, January 13, 2011

Get 'er Done!

Today was a snow day. No school. Yay! It gave me some time to do one of the promises I'm dreading. I'm dreading it because once I start that means I'll have to do it everyday. Yikes! See here's the deal: When we moved back to the land of the great white north from the land of the morning calm I shipped almost our whole household, including the TV and the desktop computer. A few months later I moved into an apartment of a friend that was moving back to Korea. She left a lot of things for me. Then less than a year later my grandmother and then my aunt passed away and I moved into their house. To contribute to that, I may have a tiny shopping problem. Let's just say I have way too much stuff. Actually come to think of it this explanation is leading to two other promises, but I'll let you know the others another day. Anyway, I need to get more organized and today on snow day I did a bit of that. And now I'll do more everyday. This promise will be to organize a specific area in the house. Maybe someday I'll be able to cross this promise right off the list. Here's to hoping!

Today I:
1. checked TPP.
2. danced with my kid to John Cougar Mellencamp's (does he still use the Mellencamp?) Hurt so Good.
3. will go to bed with an empty kitchen sink.
4. worked on teaching The Peanut something new. Tons of hula-hooping. 
5. blogged.
6. ate off the monthly menu. Dinner was pork chops and rice.
7. am on day seven of training the kittens to use the toilet. New step is going better. Next new step tomorrow. 
8. said  the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.
9. will go to sleep by 12:35.
10. did not go to the gym...again but I shoveled snow and hula-hooped again.
11. ate dinner with my child.
12. listened to music...see #2.
13. organized the linen closet.

No comments: